Michael Vey: Prisoner of cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans | Teen Ink

Michael Vey: Prisoner of cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans

March 3, 2016
By Lucaaas BRONZE, Yokohama, Other
Lucaaas BRONZE, Yokohama, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Michael Vey: Prisoner of cell 25

Michael Vey is an ordinary kid living in the state of Idaho. He lives with his mother and lives a good life. But, he has one secret which must never be revealed. He doesn't know much about his powers, but when his mother is kidnapped, he and his friends, Taylor and Ostin must find a way to save his mother. But will they be able to rescue Michael's mother before it's too late?
Author, Richard Paul Evans created a great, exhilarating story about 3 friends who go on an adventure to save Michael's mother. Richard wrote a lot about what the main characters thought and felt about other characters. For example the scene when Michael goes to the principal's office, Richard describes what Michael thought of the principal.
In my opinion, I thought that the story had quite a lot of repetition, for example when Michael electrifies Wade and his bully friends, it was similar to when Michael electrifies one of the evil minion in the lab. I found that quite disturbing because I savour something different than the last one so it makes the story, gripping.
Overall I liked the story, and my favorite line from the story is when Michael says “You bet it hurts. And that was just a little one. Next time you bully me, or anyone of my friends, I’ll triple it.” to the bullies. It made me think about bullying again and how important it is to be kind to other friends and families and not to taunt them, or you will have to face the consequences.
I recommend this story to all teens and young adults of all gender. It has a great storyline and I hope that you would want to read it again, and read the next books in the series.