The November Criminal by Sam Munson | Teen Ink

The November Criminal by Sam Munson

January 6, 2016
By SpeakerOfTheDead PLATINUM, Lemont, Illinois
SpeakerOfTheDead PLATINUM, Lemont, Illinois
27 articles 31 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
“How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.”
― Henry David Thoreau


The November Criminals is a book you either love or hate. There is no middle ground and the ratings online reflect this. I, however, loved it.


High School Senior Addison Schact and his best friend Digger become obsessed with investigating the murder of a fellow classmate, Kevin Braudus. Addison has to travel through the underworld of Washington DC to uncover the mystery.


As he delves deeper in to the underworld and the mystery, the story is revealed to partly be a thoughtful coming of age tale and thrilling teenage noir.

 

While the story is not a particularly fast paced read, it still keeps the reader entertained and eager to continue. But sadly because of the way it is written, Munson leaves the reader aware of every page.


If the reader finishes the novel and is left unhappy, that is okay. This book is  a hit or a miss and not every throw is going to be a homerun. Just stepping up to the plate and giving it a try is worth it.