Hatchet by Gary Paulsen | Teen Ink

Hatchet by Gary Paulsen

December 4, 2015
By Anonymous

Hatchet
     Hatchet is well written book by Gary Paulsen. This is a very cool and exciting adventure book. It takes you through an amazing and terrifying and fun adventure. It’s about a teenage boy named Brian he has to go visit his Dad in the oil fields in Northern Canada. But how did this happen? This was caused by an accident. The characters in this Book are Brain Robeson and the pilot and Brian’s mom. The setting is in a forest and in a 406 Cessna plane where the accident happened. The main conflict is when the pilot of the plane had a heart attack. And died and the plane crashed. The plane crashed in a lake in a forest.
   The author's purpose is to entertain the reader of the story. In the plane there just is Brian and a pilot. The pilot had an accident of a heart attack. Then the plane crashes in a lake that lake was in a forest where Brian is alone in the wilderness. He fights with the wilderness for 2 weeks. Gary Paulsen is a really good author and he did excellent in writing this book but it lacks in not giving enough or more detail. The story’s plot would be better if more detail would be used in this story. This book is well written because of its suspense and realism that is used during the whole story even though the end of the story is predictable.
While reading this book I got really hooked and I liked reading this book. I recommend reading this book. If you are in to reading suspense and action and also adventure books this is a book for you to read. This is a not really hard book to read but it is not a child book either. I personally don’t like reading books but this is one of the books I liked and enjoyed reading. So go and get it you won’t regret it!