The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien | Teen Ink

The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien

March 24, 2015
By Catastrophic_Kittens BRONZE, Monongah, West Virginia
Catastrophic_Kittens BRONZE, Monongah, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
2+2=4


The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien is an enchanting, well written book. It is filled with many magical creatures that include, but are not limited to, trolls, goblins, dwarves, dragons, and shape-shifters. The Hobbit follows a hobbit by the name of Bilbo Baggins. He lives a quiet, peaceful life until one day a wizard known as Gandalf appears at his door, and soon after thirteen dwarves also show up, the leader of which is a dwarf named Thorin Oakenshield. Bilbo is informed that he will be their burglar and that they will be going on an adventure to recover the dwarves stolen riches from a dragon called Smaug.

     Along the way they go through many hardships and nearly die a few times but if you truly want to know how this book ends you must read it for yourself. But I must say if you don’t like endings with death then you might not agree with this ending.
    
     If you enjoy books with action and adventure in the medieval setting then this is the book for you. This book is made for those who enjoy hearing about a good battle between the good and the evil.

     I myself enjoyed this book even though there were uneventful points in the story. At times I did not understand some of the characters dialogue, but it did not distract from the story at all. I could read this book hundreds of times and not get bored with it whatsoever. I thought that the all the main characters were well developed and that the plot was understandable all the way through the story.


The author's comments:

I did this for a school assignment