On My Honor by Marion Dane Bauer | Teen Ink

On My Honor by Marion Dane Bauer

March 16, 2015
By Anonymous

“Everyone should have an honorable cause and fight for it.” this quote is from Calomino. Joel learns to being honor to his father. On My Honor was written by Marion Dane Bauer. Genre of this book is realistic fiction. This book explores friendship and honor between Joel and Tony. I really liked this book.
Tony decides to have a bicycle trip to the state park. Tony invites Joel to go with him. Joel doesn’t want to go because it’s too dangerous and his father will scold him. Joe’s father tells him that he can go, but just goes only the park. “On my honor,” Joel says to his father. While they are on the trip, Joel and Tony quarrel each other. After that Joel dares Tony to complete a swimming race in the dangerous river. What will happen to Tony and Joel next? You must buy the book and find out.
I really like this book because it has a good theme. It teaches me about “honorable” when Joel talks to his father in the last part of the story. When his father tells the police man that Joel is honorable man, but he isn’t. He feels guilty and then Joel tells the truth to his father. Joel learns to being honor to his father. Being honor it’s not just good for yourself, but also good for the person who that you being honor too. The important things about honorable are trust and belief


I also like this book because of the exciting and interesting plot. I think the plot connects to our lives, every people feels guilty for something. The author shows the connection by uses the main character, Joel, to have the situation of feeling guilty. Joel finds out how to fight for the situation, but how? The plot also reminds me about when I felt guilty. I felt guilty for many problems, but the main problem was about my friend. My friend had a girlfriend, and they loved each other very much. One day, I talked with my friend and his girlfriend at the lunch time. My friend invited me to study in Canada. He just joked his girlfriend, he would go to Canada next year. I didn’t know that my friend was joking. I always said to my friend’s girlfriend about my friend would go to Canada. Next day, my friend’s girlfriend was crying. I didn’t know what happen. My friend said, because of me. She cried because I always that my friend would go to Canada. I always felt guilty about this story.
This book is great book ever. I love it. If I were you, I would run like a cheetah to buy this book now!