Paper Towns by John Green | Teen Ink

Paper Towns by John Green

By isabelw DIAMOND, Atlanta, Georgia
isabelw DIAMOND, Atlanta, Georgia

"They say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one." -John Lennon

It’s hard to describe Paper Towns by John Green.  I was partly drawn to this book because it written by John Green, the well-known author whose book, The Fault in our Stars, inspired the successful production of a movie. 
The book follows a rediscovery journey of lifetime friends or acquaintances, Q and Margo.  The amazing Margo Roth Spiegelman became a mystery to her neighbor, Q, ever since an encounter with a dead body at the age of nine.  And Q is determined to find the real Margo no matter how far and wide he must look after she goes missing.
While the book had an interesting plot line, I found myself getting bored towards the middle of the book because the most action-packed scenes seemed to be in the beginning and end of the book.  It also felt very metaphysical.  I know there are many people who would thoroughly enjoy Paper Towns, for it is well-scripted and intriguing.
I kept turning the pages determined to solve the mystery that John Green made me feel involved in.  I found myself laughing out loud, for I felt I was inside the story.
And like our unique taste buds, everyone has different preferences in books.  It was good but, personally, not my favorite.   This review should not deter anyone from reading Paper Towns.  I hope I have been able to show that it is, in fact, good but not for everybody.

I don't mean for this review to be negative at all.  I respect the author and know it is a great book.  I simply did not love it as I did with The Fault in our Stars. 

HappyEmeal GOLD, Lahore, Other

When life knocks you down, Dhuzzz! Just puzza back up!!!

I did like the others, yes. Hmm, thank you!

isabelw DIAMOND, Atlanta, Georgia

It's a little philosophical towards the middle, which I didn't like, but I think you'll like it if you liked Green's other books.

isabelw DIAMOND, Atlanta, Georgia

I think so but it gets kind of philosophical in the middle so if you like that its definitely worth the read! I think you would like it @swiftie_emz

on Jan. 2 2015 at 2:31 am
HappyEmeal GOLD, Lahore, Other

So is it worth a read? Because I liked TFIOS, An Abundance of Katherines and Will Grayson, Will Grayson.