Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

By warriorgirl3699 BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
warriorgirl3699 BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia

"A life lived is a life earned"

Percy Jackson and The Lightning Theif

The Master Bolt is missing! Oh no! Who is going to save the world from utter destruction and war? Never fear, Percy Jackson is here! Percy and The Lightning Thief is a thrilling tale of three thirteen year olds who must return Zues, Lord of the Skies', Master bolt. It is a thrilling tale of friendship, adventure, and, of course, loyalty.

This book was one I will never forget. It was a great book for any age student whether it be a second grader or a senior in high school. Any student any personality would love this book. It was out of my genre interest and I still loved it. The book's vocabulary was easy but not too easy making it versatile and able to spark interest. The events in this book were phenomenal and always gave me a good vivid picture of what was going on.

The author's voice for this book was impeccable. It was not too sad not too serious but just right. He used good vocabulary and words that fit the mood just right. He was talking through Percy, so he used words and vocabulary and a tone that Percy would have used.

This book was impeccable. It was about a boy, named Percy Jackson who is a poor student who, when turns 13, has some strange things happening, and I’m not talking puberty. No, I mean he has powers he never knew he had, and they all have to do with water or horses. If you never learned about greek mythology, Poseidon, lord of the seas created horses and is god of water. So, if you can’t guess he is the son of Poseidon. Soon after he figures it out himself, he is plopped in the middle of Long Island forest in a place called Camp Half-Blood. but on his way there he loses his mother. Soon after being there he realizes what is happening and that he is a prophecy waiting to unfold.

Soon he is off on a quest with his two compadres, Grover and Annabeth, to save the world from utter war. Why? Someone has stolen the Master Bolt, the one thing that symbolizes Zues, Lord of the Skies. Without it, he is powerless, and Percy must return it to him on a perilous quest that takes him across the United States. While on the quest, he realizes that he is part of  dangerous secret that could end the world.

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief was a book to remember. I loved this book so much. It really touched all genres, which sounds like a lot but it was executed almost perfectly. It is wonderful book that anyone can read. For a book about a boy with ADHD it definitely exceeded  expectations.