Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater | Teen Ink

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

August 18, 2014
By Anonymous

If you are not a hopeless romantic then I suggest you stop reading this, but for those of you who are, you MUST read the book, Shiver. The two main characters are Grace Brisbane and Sam Roth, a match made in heaven. I liked this book for that reason, and that it kept me on my toes with its shape shifting mythical characters.
The author, Maggie Stiefvater, wrote the book to be a little slow in the beginning, but that all changed in chapter twelve when Sam changed from wolf to human. Strangely, before that happened, when Sam was still a wolf, he and Grace always had some kind of connection. It had been that way ever since she had been attacked by the wolves in Sam’s pack, and he rescued her. When people get bitten by the wolves, like Grace, they turn into wolves. It’s a little stereotypical, but that’s just how it works in the story. Only, Grace didn’t turn into a wolf, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t a wolf on the inside. When Grace was growing up, her favorite time of the year was in the winter, when she could see the wolves. Her wolf. The one that saved her. For some reason, in the summer the wolves were never there. Grace could never see them. Later she found out that they turn into humans when it gets warmer. That’s when everything starts to heat up. When Sam and Grace were together they were always saving, and helping each other. The book had so many twists and turns with many other important characters starting to shape shift after being bitten. Since Sam was getting older, that was his last year of turning back into a human. They were trying really hard to find an antidote for not only Sam, but one of Grace’s best friends. If you want to know what happened I guess you’ll just have to read the book. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes romance and fantasy.