If I Stay by Gayle Forman | Teen Ink

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Mia’s dream of becoming a famous cello player is crushed by one car accident. Mia and her family were going to a friend’s house when they collided into another car. Mia is thrown from the car. Mia is standing on the side of the road, still trying to process what happened. After walking around for a while she finds her parent’s dead. She thinks she was seeing her brother toby’s body but as she walks closer she finds out its her. Her body is broken and bloody on the side of the road. She hears sirens and her body is rushed to the hospital and she follows the ambulance to the hospital. Later at the hospital she heard that teddy has been taken to a different hospital. She couldn’t see if he was okay. She starts to wonder where her boyfriend, Adam is. She starts to wonder why she is outside of her body. Mia is relived that Adam finally showed up with her best friend Kim. She is so happy to see them, but the nurse on duty won’t let them see her. Kim and Adam make a plan to see her but it didn’t work. She found out Teddy died. She has to make the biggest decision of her life to live or to die.