The Fault in Our Stars by John Green | Teen Ink

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

August 3, 2014
By CynthiaFeathers ELITE, Frisco, Texas
CynthiaFeathers ELITE, Frisco, Texas
124 articles 42 photos 47 comments

Favorite Quote:
He who is bound to a star does not turn back.
Leonardo Di Vinci

You see I'm a bit of a poet, and you did not know it! What!?
~Sir Percy Blakeney


The Fault in Our Stars by John Green is a tear jerking novel about two teenage cancer patients, Hazel Grace Lancaster and Augustus Waters.
Hazel was diagnosed with stage four thyroid cancer when she was thirteen and has been in a critical state since then. Augustus has had his leg amputated due to osteosarcoma but presently seems to remain cancer free.
The two teens meet in a cancer support group that Hazel's parents insist upon her going to. During the meeting the teens exchange awkward glances and Hazel catches Augustus staring at her throughout the evening.
After the first couple chapters of the book the chemistry between Hazel and Augustus seems to grow, making the plot seem like a "roller-coaster only going up."

The book consists of multiple metaphors, numerous clever quotable lines, and the purest love story since Romeo and Juliet. You will instantly fall in love with Augustus Water's sincerety and infectious charm while watching the teens enjoy their personal "little infinity" together.

CAUTION: If you are planning on reading this book make sure you are equipped with a full box of tissues.