The President Has Been Shot! | Teen Ink

The President Has Been Shot!

May 2, 2014
By tyler willis BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
tyler willis BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The book is called The President Has Been Shot! The assassination of John F. Kennedy by James L. Swanson is an overall biography of the life of john f Kennedy, up to the dreadful day of his assassination. The book begins by giving a brief synopsis of his early family life along with his years in the war. After the war, he worked his way up the political ranks at a young age he ran in the 1961 presidential election against Republican candidate Richard Nixon. On January 20, 1961, he was elected as the thirty fifth President of the United States and was also the first catholic president in history.

James L. Swanson writes with great clarity to tell the devastating story of John F. Kennedy’s assassination. The President Has Been Shot was primarily written for kids in middle school, so it is easy to read and easy to understand. It causes you to forget what is happening in your life and put yourself in the shoes of a young president on the brink of a Cold War. The pages come to life as Swanson describes the assassination, you get a sense that you were in Dallas Texas during the assassination. The consistency of the book was on point throughout because it is a biography and the author had to be consistent with his beliefs and facts. He did a great job of not including his personal beliefs or conspiracy’s, but letting the reader decide who killed John F. Kennedy for themselves. James L. Swanson was so resourceful because he had so many facts and information on the day of his death as well as the day leading up to his death.

If what you wanted to read is a book on conspiracy’s and crazy stories about who killed John F. Kennedy this was not the book to read. Swanson created a biography of John F. Kennedy’s life which let you build your own opinion on John F. Kennedy’s personality. He gives you every last detail of the assassination and lets the reader decide from there who killed John F. Kennedy.