Divergent by Veronica Roth | Teen Ink

Divergent by Veronica Roth

April 3, 2014
By Anonymous

DIVERGENT REVIEW

Divergent is story about five factions Abnegation, Candor, Erudite, Amity, and Dauntless. The Abnegation is overwhelmingly selfless. The candor is painfully truthful. The Erudite are annoyingly intelligent. The Amity is blissful and peaceful. The dauntless is daringly brave.

During the stimulation test Tris finds out that she is divergent. Divergent is when you fit into more than one faction, which you think would be a good thing but it is not it could possibly get her killed. Tris chooses to leave her family and faction, the abnegation. She left the only thing she knows how to be…selfless. Like most of the best sellers there is a special love interest. Tris grows close to her instructor they call him “Four” later finding out his real name, also why they call him “Four”.

After a few fear stimulations Four figures out she is divergent and teaches her how to control it and not get caught. Four and Tris liked each other from the beginning, later ending up together. Four and Tris find out that the Erudite are out to get the abnegation. Tris goes to warn his brother that his own faction was out to get his family and friends.
If I was asked if I would recommend this book I would defineitly do so, because it is a great book I couldn’t put it down. The action, the thing she does just to be excepted is amazing jumping off of buildings, jumping out of moving trains, and fighting your friends until you or them can’t move to fight back. It’s one of my alltime favorite books I have ever read. Think about it, would you be able to keep the secret of being divergent or would you die trying?