Light in Shadow | Teen Ink

Light in Shadow

March 13, 2014
By Anonymous

The novel “Light in Shadow”by Jayne Ann Kretz was very interesting and suspenseful. Kretz always has the reader turning the pages and wanting to know what comes next.The novel was about a young woman named Zoe Luce, a successful interior designer, who lived in Whispering Springs. Zoe soon find out her client is hiding a dark secret. She enlists Ethan Traux a private investigator, to find the truth.
Ethan’s detective skills soon backfire on Zoe. Zoe has to tell Ethan she had a gift of hearing voices in the walls, and that “Zoe Luce” does not really exist. Even though,Zoe tells Ethan about this part of her life, she is still hiding an important part of her past. She knows this will affect the people who are trying to help and care for her.
Zoe never thought she would be in love with Ethan, but her mind has changed. If Zoe wants a future with Ethan she will have to try to get away from her past and focus on being one step ahead of Dr.McAlister. Jayne Krentz is a wonderful writer. The flow of the novel the way the reader can relate with the characters are key aspects to Krentz being a outstanding writer.
The novel has twist and turns in the plot that creates a beautiful novel. Krentz never disappointed the reader in the novel because the novel had well developed characters and key settings to help create a image in the readers head.

Though, the novel is fantastic she sends a stronger message with it:you should never judge a book by it’s cover. Through Zoe’s character the author suggest that we should reserve judgment until we understand someones past or the reasons they act the way they do. Only a phenomenal writer could send this message the way Krentz did.