All I Want Is Everything by Cecily Von Ziegesar | Teen Ink

All I Want Is Everything by Cecily Von Ziegesar

March 6, 2008
By Anonymous

All I Want Is Everything. It's a pretty self-explanatory title. How can you have everything? Is it actually possible?


The girls (even some boys) in the book All I Want Is Everything, part of the Gossip Girl series written by Cecily Von Ziegesar, make it seem as if having everything they want is an ordinary thing. But what happens when you mix in cute boys, backstabbing friends, rich parents, and a whole lot of drama? You get people fighting each other for perfect lives, and that is exactly what is going on in this realistic fiction novel. Cecily Von Ziegesar has a unique writing style where each chapter focuses on a different character and a different problem. For some readers this style of reading makes it hard to follow the books story, but for me and I'm sure plenty of other readers out there think this style makes the book all the more interesting. Cecily's style of writing also lets you know how the other characters are feeling and gives you the full effect of how their untrue gossip effects everyone in a different way at the end of the book.


If you're a reader that enjoys books that jump from problem to problem, which I have recently learned I love, or just books that have a lot of drama, All I Want Is Everything would definitely be a book to pick up. Also if you cant get enough of the books check out the TV series Gossip Girl.


This book, I found immensely enjoyable and am currently finishing another book from this series, Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, so far I haven't been able to put these books down till I'm done. Everything I look for in a wonderful book I found in All I Want Is Everything.