The Red Pony by John Stienbeck | Teen Ink

The Red Pony by John Stienbeck

My Book Review
Book title and author: The Red Pony, John Steinbeck
Title of review: The Red Pony Review
Number of stars (1 to 5):4

Introduction
I think The Red Pony is a good story because I like that he gets a new pony but the story does not tell about anything. The story is set in the state of California on a ranch. The time is 1930’s and it may or may not be in the Great depression. The characters are Jody, Carl Tiflin (dad), Ruth Tiflin (mom), Billy Buck (ranch-hand), Gitano, Gabilan (first pony), and Grandfather.
Descriptionandsummary of content
The story goes like this Jody gets a pony that is red. He names it Gabilan and he raises it for a while. Billy Buck tells Jody that it was not going to rain that day but it did, so there were consequences. So you need to read the story to find out the rest. It is really good so READ IT!
Evaluation
I think it is a very good book. It is a great American novel. The reason I gave it what I gave it is that it does not tell much details about people and things. Besides that it is a good story so you really need to read it.
Conclusion
Over all the story was good and for all of the people who like to read here is a

good american novel to read. I recommend it and you should read it. It will be a good think to read at school, home, or for fun.