The Red Pony by John Steinbeck | Teen Ink

The Red Pony by John Steinbeck

November 22, 2013
By linda dailey BRONZE, Bluefield, West Virginia
linda dailey BRONZE, Bluefield, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My Book Review
Book title and author: The Red Pony the author is John Steinbeck
Title of review: Jody and Grandfather
Number of stars (1 to 5):

Introduction
Have you read the Red Pony by John Steinbeck? The Red pony was a great book to read. There are different parts in the story The Gift, The Great Mountains, The Promise, and The Leader Of The People. Jody is little boy living on a farmer with his family. The Red Pony setting is in California and the mountain near Jody farm. The Red pony was a great book to read. Characters are Jody, Carl, Mother, Grandfather, and Billy Buck.
Description and summary of content
The part I like it was Gitano went in the mountains with horse and died. Jody was sad because horse died it broke my heart when I hear that. Grandfather went to their house to tell story for thanksgiving. Jody got a horse called Gabilan the horse got sick and the horse died from the cold weather. Jody didn’t trust Billy Buck he thought Billy Buck killed him. Jody got another horse but the horse die it was sad Billy Buck saved the baby horse. Grandfather telling the story about him was leader of people. Grandfather telling story about he was Leader Of The People.
Evaluation
The Grandfather got hurt because Carl hurt his feeling because Carl heard same story over. Jody helps Grandfather I will be like you.
Conclusion
































My conclusion is the story was sad because the horses die. John Steinbeck was a great classic.