Without You: A Memoir of Love, Loss and the musical Rent by Anthony Rapp | Teen Ink

Without You: A Memoir of Love, Loss and the musical Rent by Anthony Rapp

Do you love the musical Rent? Did you love Mark Cohen from the movie? If you loved both of them I suggest that you read Without you: A Memoir of Love, Loss and the musical Rent by Anthony Rapp.

This story is about the life of Anthony Rapp from the time that he started on Broadway playing Mark, to the movie musical of Rent. As he talks about his life on Rent, he is also talking about his mom dying of cancer and trying to get her to accept him for being gay before she passes. He also goes on about his past and about how he handled his friend leaving Rent and how he deals with all of his relationship problems.

I read this book in a weekend. It was an amazing book and Rapp kept it going with facts of his life. I rate this book 10/10 stars. This book teaches you to be true to yourself, remember who you are and be however you want to be. I would love for Rapp to write another book. He writes with good details which keeps the reader hooked in. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves Rent. Young kids should not read this book. I honestly don't know why this book hasn't won an award.

This book is my favorite book that I've read. I don't care what you do. Buy it or check it out from the library but I strongly recommend this book.