The Red Pony by John Steinbeck | Teen Ink

The Red Pony by John Steinbeck

November 22, 2013
By Yolonda Cardwell BRONZE, Wolfe, West Virginia
Yolonda Cardwell BRONZE, Wolfe, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My Book Review
Book title and author: the Red Pony by: John Steinbeck
Title of review: The Red Pony
Number of stars (1 to 5):

Introduction
When I read The Red Pony it made my heart break a little but, it was a good story to read.
Description and summary of content
Red Pony has four stories to make up this book they are The Gift, The Great Mountains, The Promise, and The Leader of the People. The Gift it is about Jody and his new horse Jody is the little boy in the story his dad gets him a horse and he named it Gabilan he is to train and keep him clean and also feed him. The Great Mountains it is about how Jody reacts to his horse’s death. Jody turns hateful to the animals he hurt the dogs and he kills a bird. He also starts to wonder what is over the mountains. He starts to ask his parents and the worker about if they have been over there or if they know what is over there. The Promise is about Jody getting a new horse and how he has to get Nellie mated with the boy horse and how the baby is a born and what happens to Nellie. The Leader of the People is about when Grandfather comes to the ranch and Carl does not want him there but Ruth does. Grandfather always tells stories over and over again Carl hates when he does that.
Evaluation
The end of this story is about how Grandfather gets hurt and how Jody recovers him.
Conclusion
In conclusion I really liked this story. It was sad at times but it got happy it really made my heart break when Carl insulted Grandfather. So this is why I really liked this story I hope to read more of John Steinbeck’s stories.