The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

By Bailey14 BRONZE, Fairview, Oregon
Bailey14 BRONZE, Fairview, Oregon

The Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero

Imagine you awake to yourself holding hands with a girl you didn’t know, surrounded by kids who’s faces you don’t recognize. Your head is spinning; the wheels on the bus turning round and round. Jason was beyond confused, and his head was empty of memories.

In Rick Riordan’s latest series, the Heroes of Olympus, Jason Grace finds himself on the most dangerous field trip of his life. His “girlfriend” Piper and his “best friend” Leo, both of whom he cannot remember having met, insist that they have known Jason for a while now. However, Jason has no recollection of his past. As the bus pulls into the parking lot of the Grand Canyon, students flood the pavement and make their way to the building, marking the beginning of Piper, Leo, and Jason’s very last field trip that doesn’t involve perilous situations.

As the story unfolds, the kids learn many things about themselves as well as each other. Piper the daughter of the love goddess, Leo the son of a master mechanic, and Jason the son of the sky god must work together to find another demigod with a severe case of memory loss. Percy Jackson, the hero of Riordan’s previous series, makes a comeback to work with another son of the Big Three. However, when you put too many demigods in one place, luck often does not ensue.

Riordan is a genius when it comes to keeping his audience entertained. The story he conjured up is sure to keep every audience on its toes. The Heroes of Olympus is jam packed with adventure, suspense, action, mystery, and just a hint of romance. I wouldn’t be able to recommend this book to a specific audience do to its versatile nature, however I can recommend it to anyone looking for a great series to keep you entertained with every word you read.