Bud, not Buddy | Teen Ink

Bud, not Buddy

By DylanMarshall BRONZE, Monongah, West Virginia
DylanMarshall BRONZE, Monongah, West Virginia

The story of Bud in Bud, not Buddy is an inspirational one. The story is about ten year old Bud trying to find his father in the midst of the Great Depression in America. Along the way he meets some special characters who help him on his journeys. Bud tracks his father to Grand Rapids, Michigan. It is a long distance away from his hometown of Flint, but Bud is determined to find his father who he never met. Will Bud find his father? Will he finally live a happy life since his mother passed away four years earlier? Find out in Christopher Paul Curtis’s hit 236 page novel: Bud, not Buddy.

didn't’t love Bud, not Buddy, but it wasn’t bad. I couldn’t get really too attached to the story line. Overall, it was a good book, though. I really liked the flow of the story as it progressed through Bud’s travels. I liked the different assortment of characters through out the story. Like Lefty, Bugs, and even Mrs. Thomas. The different variety is what I really like about it. Again, didn't’t love it but didn't’t hate it.

I was inspired to write this because I overall liked the book and thought I would share my opinion on it.