The Cruisers (GREAT BOOK) | Teen Ink

The Cruisers (GREAT BOOK)

By ralstj17 BRONZE, Middle Grove, New York
ralstj17 BRONZE, Middle Grove, New York

The Cruisers by Walter Dean Myers is an action packed mystery waiting to be solved. The genre is African American and the copyright date is 2010. The book is about Zander and his friends figuring out a way they could have prevented the civil war from happening. The Cruisers is just an all around amazing book.

I loved the book The Cruisers and I would most definitely recommend the book to middle school and high school students. The book would mostly appeal to those who like to learn about history, African American literature and mystery. The Cruisers is filled with arguments, fights and problem solving. Mr. Culpepper, the Assistant Principal and Chief Executioner is a very mean guy and is trying to kick Zander, Kambui, LaShonda and Bobbi out of school because their grades are very rapidly dropping off. They pull them back up and have a great new idea, a school newspaper. The Cruiser is the name of the newspaper and it talks about what is happening with the “Sons of Confederacy”, “The Cruisers” and the “Union”. Through the writing of the school newspaper the teams resolve all of their differences and ultimately become friends.

I would recommend this book because I believe it is one of Walter Dean Myers greatest books. I would also recommend it to anyone who is interested in problem solving because the characters struggle with how they could have stopped the civil war. This book is a great learning and history experience.

The Cruisers is by far one of the best books I have ever read in my life. I love action, history, mystery, learning and having a great time. This book supplied me with all of what I love to do. The author made me get lost in the story and helped me understand a part of history. I loved reading The Cruisers and I’m sure you will enjoy the book as well.

This book was great.