Holes by Louis Sachar | Teen Ink

Holes by Louis Sachar

By jose leyva BRONZE, Mapple Valley, Washington
jose leyva BRONZE, Mapple Valley, Washington

1.
My book is called holes and the characters are Stanley Yelnats (Caveman), Rex (X-Ray), Alan (Squid), Jose (Magnet), Theodore (Armpit), Ricky (Zigzag), Hector Zeroni (Zero), Mr. Pendaski, Mr. Sir, The Warden, Stanley’s dad, Stanley’s mom, and Stanley’s grandfather. The relationship between this groups was difficult at the beginning but it change after Stanley almost getting in a fight and the group came to the rescue and that’s when he got his nickname Caveman. One specific theme that came out of this book is that if you have bad luck, you will not have it anymore and your luck will change, Like Stanley’s luck change.

2.
I will say that the book was good because Stanley learn a big lesson in the book, now he knows if something falls out of the sky not to pick it up or he will go to prison, and every time something went wrong they will blame it on Stanley’s great great grandfather. I like how he becomes best friends with the person who really stole the shoes and they though they became millionaires with some papers that belong to the first Stanley Yelnats.

3.
The reason why Stanley went to camp green lake is because he was found guilty for stealing some famous baseball player baseball shoes and later in the camp he founds the person that actually stole the shoes and they become really good friends. “Stanley was not a bad kid. He was innocent of the crime for which he was convicted. He’d just been in the wrong place at the wrong time.” “It was all because of his no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-great-grandfather.” Every time something went wrong they will blame him. “They turned out to be a lot more valuable than the jewels. After legal fees and taxes, Stanley and Zero each received less than a million dollars.”

4.
In my opinion I will give this book 5 out of 5 because the characters are funny and they do some crazy stuffs and those crazy stuffs turned out to be great for Zero and Stanley.