The Red Pyramid by Rick Riodran | Teen Ink

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riodran

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
Critique by Sebastian R.

If you're like me then you're the type of person who hates to read and doesn't like to read any book.That was me until I started reading The Red Pyramid And ultimately started to make me read.

After their mother's death, Carter and Sadie have been separated. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane.

One night, Dr. Kane (the Father of Carter and Sadie) bring Carter and Sadie together for a "research experiment" at the British Museum. But true intent is to unleash the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee with their uncle.

Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the Egyptian gods are real, and the worst of them, The antagonist Set, is after them. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe. The Journey brings them ever closer to the truth about their family and mom and their role in a secret order.

The Red Pyramid is an interesting mix of YA urban fantasy and mythology that Rick Riordan made famous with his Percy Jackson series.

Rick Riordan in my opinion is a great writer and has shown improvement in his writing skills but has also fallen in some ways than from his other books and his other series of Percy Jackson & The Olympians. I believe his skills in showing imagery and descriptive language Have improved for I felt like i was their just by the way he described the place. I also believe that his other books had a better plot and idea for a book. One of my Favorite parts of the book has to be the hook because his hook was interesting and made you think and the only way to answer the question was to actually read the book.

So overall I really liked this book and it is one of my favorite books. I was instantly hooked and even though it was long it was worth it. And at the end the first thing I thought about was “where is the next one in the serie?”. If you do read the book and find it delightful well there is a new book in the series which I am currently reading.