Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld | Teen Ink

Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld

Prep is a story of growing up, dripping with tales of complicated relationships, unwise choices, and barely disguised prejudice. This story illustrates the path of one girl through high school, and the bumps and potholes she hits (and almost make her lose control) along the way. Lee Fiora is a character who is flawed and immature, but then, weren't we all?

The theme “life is rough” is proved time and time again in the novel Prep, as the main character, Lee Fiora falls in love with a jerk, loses touch with her family, makes enemies of friends, and watches as her school career goes down the drain.

The only fault this book has is the apparent weakness of the main character's personality, which often makes the reader sigh with frustration or wish to throw away the book and be done the with Lee Fiora's indecisiveness.

I recommend this book to anyone and everyone who has ever thought they were in love but were proven wrong. I also recommend it for anyone who was a teenager once, and can look back on those days and smile.

i just read prep