Deep and Dark and Dnagerous: A Ghost Story by Mary Downing Hahn | Teen Ink

Deep and Dark and Dnagerous: A Ghost Story by Mary Downing Hahn

October 29, 2012
By Anonymous

Deep and Dark and Dangerous
By: Mary Downing Hahn

“The ghost is very sad and lonely. She wants to go home, but she’s deep, deep, deep in the water. She’s been there so long, she’s just bones. No one knows where she is…” This starts the nightmare in your own mind from the thrilling book written by Mary Downing Hahn…Deep and Dark and Dangerous: A Ghost Story. This book is a page turner and it’s impossible to put down. It’s an amazing story that keeps you wanting more and more and more. Sometimes, it’s better to stay in the house…
When only 13 years old, Ali has a life changing mystery to figure out. When searching through her grandmother’s boxes, Ali finds an old, torn photograph. She could only recognize two of the girls, her mom and aunt, but who was the person torn out? She only has two months to figure out since she is spending the summer with her Aunt Dulcie and her cousin at the same lake her mom and Dulcie used to go to when they were children. Why did they suddenly stop going? At the lake, everything was going great until Ali met Sissy. Mean, spiteful Sissy, but what they don’t know is that Sissy has a secret. A secret that you will be DYING to know. And if you aren’t careful, that might just happen… You will definitely want to read this thriller to figure out this deep and dark and dangerous secret.
The characters from this book are just as intriguing as the story line. First we have Ali. She is only 13 years old. Her mother was always over-protective of her, so she never really got out much. Emma, Ali’s 5 year old cousin, is a sweetheart. You will fall in love the moment you read about her. Aunt Dulcie is the exact opposite of Ali’s mom. Dulcie is energetic, fun, and creative! She spends most of her time painting and drinking coffee. Last, but not least, we have Sissy. She is rude, devious, and just plain mean! But, Sissy only wants a friend. That’s all she ever wanted…a friend, but she lost that chance a long time ago…
Deep and Dark and Dangerous should definitely be on your reading list! It is an amazing book that will keep you wanting more. It will send shivers down your spine and goose bumps down your arms. But remember…”Sometimes nothing is the scariest thing of all…”