The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

December 21, 2011
By Alex Schwartz BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Alex Schwartz BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Son of Neptune, by Rick Riordan, starts off with a boy named Percy Jackson, not remembering who he used to be, he was lost in the last book. When he starts he is battling gorgons, he finds a roman camp (Camp Jupiter) for half bloods like him. He begins to go through trials where he proves himself to be much more powerful then most people and he has a different fighting technique then everyone else. Soon people get suspicious of Percy and his strange techniques, but before they can figure out anything he is put on a quest with his friends Frank and Hazel, both of which are very powerful and looked down upon. He goes through a lot of trials with them and they all find out dark secrets about each other. They all learn to trust each other and work together to close the doors of death and save Camp Jupiter.

The author, Rick Riordan, is an amazing author. I have read all of the books that he has written and I can’t stop reading them. I love the way he keeps the books interesting, fast paced and not slowed down in anyway. I had trouble putting the book away while I read it. I loved the way he brings new characters into the story, without just having a random scene in there to make new characters. I also thought the way he put the plots one after another and just when it would slow down something unexpected would happen. The way he comes up with these new places with such detail I felt like I was there. I thought this was one of the best books I have ever read and one of the best series. I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys imagining a new place and needing a new book that will take them away for a little while.