The Five People You Meet in Heaven | Teen Ink

The Five People You Meet in Heaven MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

     Mitch Albom, author of Tuesdays with Morrie, has written a wonderful story that will have you intrigued from the first page to the last. The Five People You Meet in Heaven is a New York Times bestseller and it is easy to see why. The story begins with the last 50 minutes of the main character's life.

Eddie spends his last day like any other, at his job as a maintenance man for Ruby Pier, an amusement park. His life is routine and, to him, meaningless. On Eddie's 83rd birthday, he dies when trying to save a little girl from a falling cart and this is where the story truly begins.

Eddie wakes up with no pain or worries, but instead of being in a beautiful Garden of Eden, he discovers he is about to meet five people. Each of the five explains their relation to Eddie's earthly life. Though not all are loved ones or acquaintances, each touched Eddie's life in a way that changed his path.

As the story builds to its astonishing conclusion, Eddie frantically searches for an answer to the still unknown question of whether or not his last act in life succeeded in saving the little girl. The answer, which comes from the most surprising and unpredictable source of all, is as inspirational as the glimpse of heaven the book offers.

Albom's narrative explores the unexpected connections of our lives to others, and the idea that heaven is more than a place: it's the answer to life. Albom's novel will appeal to your mind and soul, changing your prospective of heaven and life. I loved it and recommend it to anyone who has thought about the afterlife.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 2 comments.


i love this !

C.Tessa SILVER said...
on Jan. 15 2014 at 12:13 pm
C.Tessa SILVER, Los Angeles, California
9 articles 0 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
Doubt whom you will, but never yourself.
Christian Nestell Bovee

2 Timothy 1:7

I love this book,it's really good.