2023 Book report about Spy School Project X | Teen Ink

2023 Book report about Spy School Project X

By Nathan7 BRONZE, Los Angles, California
Nathan7 BRONZE, Los Angles, California

On the Run for His Life

In the novel Spy School Project X, by Stuart Gibbs, Ben Ripley races against time to avoid getting caught and eradicated by his enemies. This book is a fiction book. The main character is Ben Ripley, a teenage spy, and his friends from the CIA's top-secret Academy of Espionage. The reason I chose Spy School Project X for my book report is because of the author Stuart Gibbs, who is excellent at writing adventure stories in which I love.

Spy School Project X’s story tells an adventurous story about a teenage spy called Ben trying to escape his assassins and finding the main villain, Murray. The story takes place in Washington D.C and later in Florida, and the story is set in 2022. The story’s conflict arrived when Ben realized that he was hunted by assassins from all over the world for 20 million dollars, with his bounty placed by Murray. The story’s climax was reached when Ben, and his girlfriend Erica, chases the main villain, Murray, on high speed air boats during a thunderstorm in Florida. This event was caused by Murray stealing important documents from Ben, and then escaping from them with a high speed airboat. 

For this adventurous story, I appreciated how the author describes everything in detail to make the story feel more realistic. My favorite part of the story was when Ben and Zoe discussed their crushes on each other. It was really awkward to read, but at the same time very romantic and loving. I would highly recommend this book to other students because in Spy School Project X’s story, there are a ton of romantic moments, in which I am sure many students would enjoy reading.  

I wrote this article as I loved the book.