The Book Review for The Greatest Show on Earth | Teen Ink

The Book Review for The Greatest Show on Earth

By Selina_lay061008 GOLD, Shenzhen, Other
Selina_lay061008 GOLD, Shenzhen, Other

I totally agree with the author’s point of view about evolution, that it is a true scientific fact. He showed this through our own bodies,and all kinds of animals and plants.

Richard Dawkins introduced us to the world of evolution. In this book, he proved that evolution is not only a theory, but an inevitable truth. He presented its strength, and how evolution is inside us, beside us, between us, how its work shows through all lives, through rocks and rivers, through insects and birds - -just like a spectacular show on earth.

I appreciate how Dawkins see the evolution of animals. Some say the evolution theory is fake because there is no evidence for the animals between each state. For instance, the whales' closest cousins are the hippos, and the other one is pig. And I agree with Dawkins' statement, that we don't need fossils to prove the theory. The various kinds of animals answer this question directly. The formation of these different species, is because of geographical reasons, that separate from them apart, and became different. Which, Darwin seems to agree too, that because there are limited resources, the animals have to experience separating geographically, and, each a little different from its fellows, evolves into different forms.

In the book, Dawkins also talked about the part I am most curious about —about what we modern humans evolve into? "Modern species don't evolve into other modern species, they just share ancestors, they are cousins. This, as we shall see, is also the answer to that disquietingly common plaint: "If humans have evolved from chimpanzees, how come there are still chimpanzees around?"

Although I really want to know why we modern humans don't evolve anymore, or is it simply too slow to notice?

I agree that Evolution is a scientific fact. It is Beyond reasonable doubt, beyond serious doubt, beyond sane, informed, intelligent doubt, beyond doubt evolution is a fact.