The Host | Teen Ink

The Host

May 28, 2009
By Anonymous

Book title and author: The Host by Stephenie Meyer
Title of review: Fantastic
Number of stars (1 to 5): 5

Introduction
In The Host two of the main characters in the book are Wanda and Melanie. If Wanderer, Wanda for short, is to live in Melanie’s world, Melanie and Wanda are going to have to work together. This book is both mysterious and romantic at the same time. If you ever feel like picking up a book, pick up The Host.

Description and summary of main points
The Host is an exciting thriller you can’t put down. I read the whole book in two days. Stephenie Meyer is an excellent writer. She captures your attention from the first sentence you read. The Host is a mysterious, not of this realm book. The characters are wonderful. If I had to pick one book to read over and over again, I’d pick this book.

Evaluation
The feelings Wanderer has for Jared are not her feelings; they are Melanie’s. The feelings Wanderer has for Ian are her own, and she doesn’t know what to do. After her decision to leave so Melanie can have her body back Ian can’t bare to let her go. If you want to find out what happens next, go read the book.

Conclusion
The mystical creatures come to life in this book. It makes you believe in other realms. It leads you to believe you are there experiencing all the action and horror for yourself. It is a long book, but you won’t be disappointed at the end.
Your final review
The story will have you on the edge of your seat until the last word. You will have dreams about it, remember it, eat it up. It leaves you wanting more and more until you decide to read it again. Trust me, it is better the second time.

The author's comments:
The book is fantastic!