Quick Review: Who Moved My Cheese | Teen Ink

Quick Review: Who Moved My Cheese

By EllieS-Z BRONZE, Canoga Park, California
EllieS-Z BRONZE, Canoga Park, California
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

Today’s book review is about a practical book on dealing with change, Who Moved My Cheese.

Facts,

Author: Spence Johnson (1938-2017)
Co-Author: Kenneth Blanchard (b.1939)
Published: 1998
Genre: Self-help book
Publisher: G. P. Putnam’s Sons
Pages: 94

Who Moved My Cheese is a short and helpful book on how to deal with change. This book helps you look for the signs when change is going to happen so you can be ready. Along with having helpful advice, it is short and easy to read. There is also a kids’ version and teens.

Spencer Johnson was an American physician and author. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology from the University of Southern California and his medical degree from the Royal College of Surgeons. Besides writing the book “Who Moved My Cheese” he also wrote the sequel to the book Out of the Maze, as well as writing a book called Yes or No.

Co-Author Kenneth Blanchard is an American author in which he has written over 60 books. He co-authored the book One-minute Manager that has millions of copies printed. He got his BA degree in government and philosophy at Cornell University; his MA in sociology and counseling at Colgate University. Blanchard also got his Ph.D. in education administration and leadership at Cornell.

This book has certainly helped me be aware of the signs for change and to be not to surprised. I also learned the sooner you move with your cheese the better. I definitely recommend this book for all ages. For people in everyday life and for those who are in business.

-Ellie