MJ Movie/Book Review | Teen Ink

MJ Movie/Book Review

December 4, 2014
Makaio Jeremiah-Gonzales BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

MJ Movie/Book Review
Paragraph 1
Did you read or see The Hunger Games Mockingjay? If you did let me tell my summary for this story. My summary for this story is that Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) and Finnick Odair (Sam Claflin) were taken to District 13. When they were taken to district 13, Katniss soon finds out that her partner Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson) was not saved from the games. So, when Peeta was rescued from Gale Hawthorne (Liam Hemsworth), Katniss thanks Gale for saving Peeta. Then, Katniss helps President Alma Coin (Julianne Moore) with taking over the capitol and succeeded. That is my summary for The Hunger Games Mocking-Jay. I like the book better because it gives for detail than the movie and in the movie the characters seem different in the book.
Paragraph 2
The difference between the movie and the book:
The characters seem to have different characteristics then in the book.
In the movie the scenes that was never mentioned in the book.
In the book it never gives you a picture in your mind to tell you what some of the characters look like.
Directors / actor choices -Why? Better?
The director should pick someone else to be President Coin because Julianne Moore doesn?t really seem like she could run a rebellion.
The director should pick someone else to be Cressida because Natalie Dormer look like she can pass as a spy from the capital.
Ending Spot
I would rather end the movie at the part where Katniss will leave to help take down the capitol.
I would also end the movie at the part when Katniss is in the capital and she is traveling through the capital.
Paragraph 3
My overall opinion is that I like the book better than the movie because the book gives more details and gets you more interested to read the next page. The readers should really be able to enjoy this book because I did even though I only read like the last six or seven chapters. I recommend for the people who are about to read The Hunger Games Mockingjay book, I would like you to enjoy it and read every single page of the book and to read over and over again.