Our Generation | Teen Ink

Our Generation

By sonnetlover BRONZE, Perth, Other
sonnetlover BRONZE, Perth, Other

Happy and beautiful she was so young,
Mind filled with their versions of perfection,
It’s a shame society had her strung,
Sadly not knowing its misconception.
Outside a smile that brightens up the room,
Each day that she lived the pain she consumed,
Yet inside a girl is hiding with doom,
What little sanity she had has bloomed.
She turned to the razors that helped her heal,
The numbers on the scale defining she,
Depending on the drugs that made her feel,
Nobody hearing her internal plea.
Destroyed and torn full of anxiety,
You messed her up, well done society.

This Sonnet was written purely from personal experience.

Gabbyyirene GOLD, Winter Garden, Florida

You have every right to a beautiful life- Selena Gomez

I don't know what to say. This has made a definite change in me. Its very true and you didn't sugar coat anything which I like. I admire the way you are writing what you feel because to me, that's always when it comes out the best. Keep writing! Never give it up.

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

Wow I don't know what to say...I'm speechless. It's a sensitive topic you brought out here. Your poem was so deep, truthful and powerful. I just love the way you ended saying:"Destroyed and torn full of anxiety. You messed her up, well done society." This part keeps resounding on my ear and it really left an impact on me. It's a shame, you're right but I think that seeing people from diffrent places in the world still carring about society and kindness somehow always gives me hope to hold on a little longer. After all, if the world is still standing till now this only means that there is love left in our hearts. I don't if I make sense to you but just so you know your poem really inspired me. So keep it up and never stop fighting. You have a great talent. Thank you for sharing this ^_^