Time: The B*tch | Teen Ink

Time: The B*tch

By SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

She struts by every second and minute
With some kind of eternal vendetta
Life’s a blood feud; she has got to win it
As each hour passes, her tactics get better.

‘Tis a deep desire, a day would dawn
That she quits b*tching me once and for all
And that the accursed aim is forever gone
For which she’d contrived the drastic fall

They say “all wounds” she gradually heals
But wounds leave scars and scars rarely fade
I wonder though how might it feel if she feels
The pain I felt under her healing blade

And as I close my eyes and descend to bed
Quietly creeping, hear her soft devilish tread.

Well, what can I say? I felt like time was being bitchy. P.S. I thought that time didn't have any gender at all so I invented one for myself. Maybe I'm wrong :P DO comment.

on Mar. 30 2014 at 8:36 am

- Maya Angelou

LOve you more! <3

KarmaBites GOLD, Columbia Heights, Minnesota
I've missed you, too! Love you girlie :P

- Maya Angelou

Lexy! I had begun to miss you here. I am so glad to see you. And Oh THANK YOU. Your comments are always so kind. THANK YOu. And Highly interesting new username! Love you so much.

Saphira, you never fail to amaze me! After reading the second to last stanza, I thought "you go girl!" Filled with passion and clever remarks, this poem is a winner! 5/5 (as usual)! ~411Ellie

- Maya Angelou

Oh well in that case I just submitted three new Haiku. Watch out for'em ;)

TheSkyOwesMeRain GOLD, Irvine, California

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments which take your breath away.

You are only as strong as your weakest link.

...wow :) Well, I'm glad that I made your day! I love reading your work, so never stop posting! 

- Maya Angelou

ansem_unlimited TO You I owe a much greater apology for I asked you to look at my stuff specifically and then never came and replied.. GOSH I better check out those forum posts too! :P It has been so very long that I came here. I am sorry. Secondly. I WAS OVERJOYYED when I read your comment. You praise my poem too highly. Thank you so much. Your feedback was highly highly appreciated.  Love always, Saphira

- Maya Angelou

Shahrier I AM FIRSTLY SO SORRY for taking so insanely wrong to reply and secondly thank you for your feedback. It was very kind of you. But how come you didn't know it was time, the title said "time" ? Love always, Saphira

- Maya Angelou

Okay so apparently I typed in this huge comment and its not appearing here. Hard luck. Well I'll write again I guess :P WOW THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. You really made my day with that comment and truly it was going so bad and when I saw this my face completely lit up and I was sitting in the computer lab doing some other work and then in all my excitement I forget that there are people around me (ahha silly me) and when I smile so insanely obviously they're all staring at me. So basically just imagine my joy. Your feedback means the world to me so never stop with it. OKAY! Love always, Saphira.

- Maya Angelou

EmmaClarie0823 WOW THANK YOU! What a wonderfully strange reason for liking though. Actually you know I've been writing Haiku mostly for the whole past year and BELIEVE me I have completely forgotten what true rhyme actually is. I know I am going to have to get back in there soon to see but I'm afraid :P Ah, well I think rhyme has its own fascinating lure and it will soon enwrap me but for now. Thank You ever so much for your kind comment and apologies in replying so late. I don't usually do that :P Love always, Saphira.

- Maya Angelou

HEYYYY! Thank YOu ever so much. You MADE my day today. Truly. It was going pretty bad actually and then I saw this. Thank you thank you. You feedback means the world to me. Don't ever stop coming here. Oh and today I am submitting two new Haiku. :D Do read them when they get poseted. ALSO have you read my two most recent? Nobody had read "My Wish For You" Do tell me what you think. And "The Hottest Places In Hell" is something quite different from my usual stuff so whenever you have time read that too! :D I HAVE MISSED TEENINK SO MUCH. I know I haven't even replied to any previous comments. Sorry about that. I didn't come here much in the last few months. Love always, Saphira!

Wow! I love it! Especially the "healing blade" and the whole section about time healing, but leaving scars. Great work!  P.S. I think time is a she...I've never heard time being referred to as a he anyway :P

Shahrier PLATINUM, Colma, California

"I'm a river that no longer flows" - a friend
"when the people lead, leaders follow" - Gandhi

im not that lucky. my parents have poor english skills and dosent even know that i write poetry. well, in a few months ill be done with poetry and will dive into college. best of luck to me :\ im scared as hell.

EmmaClaire0823 GOLD, Bay Minette, Alabama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

My mom is an english teacher. I doubt I would be able to mix up poems or DGP even if I tried. 

Shahrier PLATINUM, Colma, California

i didnt even realize this was a sonnet, my ap lit teacher would so disapointed in me. 

This was really good. The vocabulary is quite developed and it flows very eloquently. Usually, I don't like sonnets due to the rhyme scheme, but yours is the exception, because it doesn't rhyme spot on. Great job. 

ansem_unlimited PLATINUM, Frederick, Maryland

Thou may think of me as desired, to idolize or villanize me whichever you may choose. but gaze upon me and thou sall not see the husk of a man! for all my sins and all my bliss, i am anything but hollow
-Ansem_Unlimited

i am both shocked and over joyed about how well the imagery matches the topic, its just so acurate and fits so well, its just... like... well i'm at a loss for words at the irony of this poem (proceeds to sit in corner trying to think of how to describe this great poem)

Shahrier PLATINUM, Colma, California

it was meant for time? I thought it was like one of those fake friends so many people seem to have. the poem was very thought provoking.