Remember? | Teen Ink

Remember?

By taintedannex GOLD, Hong Kong, Other
taintedannex GOLD, Hong Kong, Other

The truth is that at some point, everyone's going to hurt you. You just have to decide who's worth the pain.

Some say having something to lose is what makes you vulnerable. I believe that having something to lose only makes you stronger.

It’s funny how things change –
Remember when I’d call you everyday?
It’s funny how we used to be –
Remember when we’d go to parks and play?

It’s funny how we were –
Remember when we didn’t fight?
It’s funny how we once were –
Remember when I’d kiss you goodnight?

It's funny how you used to be –
Remember the days before the wine?
It’s funny how I used to be –
Remember when “I love you, too” was my line?

It’s funny how you were once my father
And I was once your daughter.

taintedannex GOLD, Hong Kong, Other

:) Thank you!

taintedannex GOLD, Hong Kong, Other

Aw, thank you so much :)

I tried looking for your work but on your profile, it only shows your favourites - there's nothing under your own work. Has it not uploaded yet? Or if my internet/computer is weird, would you mind giving me links? I'd love to check out your work . :)

ShenelleCrystal SILVER, M, New York

Laugh your heart out dance in the rain cherish the memories ignore the pain love + learn forget and forgive because remember you only have [one life to live] ♥

wow , when I first read this I seriously thought this was about a relationship between a boyfriend & girlfriend . haha I was wrong lol . But this is a really good poem . I liked every line . :) great work . keep it up . can you please comment and rate my work ? :) thanks .

pinkypromise23 PLATINUM, Cranston, Rhode Island

i know that you believe you understand what you think i said, but im not sure you realize that what you heard is not what i meant.

it does and i think that makes it so much better! (:

taintedannex GOLD, Hong Kong, Other

Hahas, now that I'm rereading it... yeah, it does sound like that.

:S

silence-is-loud GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY, STING LIKE A BEE- MUHAMMID ALI

oh wooww... i thoguht this wuld be about boyfriend and girlfriend.