Sleepless Nights | Teen Ink

Sleepless Nights

By swat17 SILVER, Mineral, Virginia
swat17 SILVER, Mineral, Virginia

Eyes. I close my eyes,
Hoping to soon fall asleep,
All becomes dark,
When suddenly it starts,
The images begin to repeat.

Walls. White walls,
Stare at me for hours,
They serve as shields,
For they won't yield,
The scenes that devour.

Time. Sweet time,
Ticks by without warning,
It's no surprise
Their words are lies,
Time can't heal this mourning.

Under-the-Rain GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

Are you ready to go to battle with your mind?- Written by me :)
Lost the battle, win the war//Bringing my sinking ship back to the shore- Paramore, Now

I never written a limerick before, but after reading this poem it insiprid me to write one.  You can obviously see the emotion, this poem has depth. LOVE IT :)

Fallen_ PLATINUM, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

" a shattered world is only an opening into a new beginning with laughs, smiles, and love all around enter the world of the light and away from the broken darkness"

not crazy for limricks but i might start liking them after reading this good job

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

I'll be honest I don't like limmericks; I just don't ever since I was a kid. But this, this is beyond a limmerick. It contains emotion and depth, not like most cheesy limmericks. Love it!

SarahGrac3 said...
SarahGrac3, Rockford, Michigan
This was great! You are really talented and I love your word choice, which made it very fun to read.

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

This is impeccable! I don't think I have ever read a limerick, I wish that I had before, because this was amazing. The form is so special and nice, I really like it! I'm glad I got to read my first limerick by you, such a great writer! The rhymes in here are very soft and sweet, I liked them a lot! I feel like this all the time while I sleep, but you were able to capture a feeling in such a sincere way. This was clear and vivid! Great job!