A Grandmother's Love | Teen Ink

A Grandmother's Love

By Writing_Hippie BRONZE, Eatonville, Washington
Writing_Hippie BRONZE, Eatonville, Washington

It's all about choices!

A grandmother’s love is supposed to be SWEET
I fear that I should never meet
What has never been, sometimes I wish
A letter, a hug, maybe a kiss.
A letter for you, for you to read
I sometimes wonder if I should plead
But then I thought
That I should not.
This is what WE get
Because you cannot FORGIVE and FORGET
What happened in the PAST
That you have strung out to LAST

Some issues in the past have prevented me from getting to know my grandmother, and sometimes I wish that she was available to me.

SydneyV BRONZE said...
SydneyV BRONZE, Henry, Tennessee

Love is not what you do but who you are.

I loved this because i dont get to speak to my grandmother and i wish i could but family is the cause of it all.. keep writing

susieqcsw said...
I am a grandma and I have lived with family issues that prevented me and my family from having a relationship with other family members.  IF you can find a way at all to talk with your Grandmother, you should try.  You have probably heard this before, but "life is too short" and think of all the new family members to come who may never have the pleasure of knowing each other and all because someone couldn't find the courage or strength to TALK OUT THE PROBLEM.  Honey, please don't carry their grudges forward, it brings nothing but more heartache.  God Bless you and I do hope you will think about trying to find a way back to your Grandma and begin a new relationship, even if it is just you making amends. 

papermaster111 BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska
Hey, I enjoyed this poem a lot!  My family has issues too, so I don't get to be around my grandma a lot either.  Most of the time I just wish the drama would stop =] But, anyway, this poem spoke to me, and keep writing!

Supernova7 GOLD, Redford, Texas

Let me cry my tears let me live in sorrow as long as you promise to be with me tomorrow
By Me:)

It must be hard to go through that you did a good job describing this. could you comment on my work?