The Heart Breaks Easily | Teen Ink

The Heart Breaks Easily

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Too easily breaks
the heart; why weren't we made of
stone rather than dust?

I was heart-broken, when I wrote this.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I thought Teenink was a safe haven as well. But of course, since it is a place for writers, and writers are known to be crazy, it's not a safe haven. I know from experience. People will always be mean. Sad to say that. Thanks, Liv. Agaunta el ritmo, Chica. No matter what.

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

I hate to think that you are heart broken!! But i understand, though not with a boyfrind or love life, but rather a wake up call sorta thing. Until recently teenink was my "safe place" a place i culd go to get away from the world. couple days ago, i was brought to reality. nothing lasts forever. People on here can be really mean and hurtful and i almost cried realizing that not everyone is as kind and welcoming as you and Lexus and Dua and Callie and others. But back to your poem, sorry for me rambling on, it is simply perfect. the dust and stone metaphors and the question all make this to be amazing. :) Awesome job keep rockin mckay

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I can't stop stressing how awesome you are and how grateful I am. I know most people won't understand that part. But I'm thankful for those who do. And yeah, I'm over it now. Took me a while. But I have to say it's helped me write more. And more personal. Sucks at first; but in the end, I can't complain. Thanks so much for all your support. 

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

WOW. i can't stress how much i love this. It's so deep, and i don't think most capture the story behind it... the "dust" part, but i do and it's sooo beautiful. Hope your heart has healed, but at least you found a muse, and inspiration XD Keep being awesome.