Free verse poems by teens on a variety of topics | Teen Ink

Free Verse

Most discussed Free Verse Poems

Poetry
comments
By GraphicWriter DIAMOND
Yuba City, California

The motion sickness of standing up The silent snoring of a knocked out sailor The feeling of breathing under water The vibrant colors that chock your snares The violent thought...
GraphicWriter DIAMOND, Yuba City, California

Poetry
By shortcake827 BRONZE
Wood Dale, Illinois
shortcake827 BRONZE, Wood Dale, Illinois

"if you love something let it go...if it comes back to you then its yours...if it doesnt then it never was"

Poetry
By McCauliflower SILVER
Whitinsville, Massachusetts
McCauliflower SILVER, Whitinsville, Massachusetts

“There's nothing fundamentally wrong with people. Given a story to enact that puts them in accord with the world, they will live in accord with the world. But given a story to enact that puts them at odds with the world, as yours does, they will live at odds with the world. Given a story to enact in which they are the lords of the world, they will ACT like lords of the world. And, given a story to enact in which the world is a foe to be conquered, they will conquer it like a foe, and one day, inevitably, their foe will lie bleeding to death at their feet, as the world is now.”

Poetry
By McCauliflower SILVER
Whitinsville, Massachusetts

Poetry
By garshongjasmine SILVER
Accra, Other
garshongjasmine SILVER, Accra, Other

happiness resides not in possesions, and not in gold, the feeling of happiness dwells in the soul

-democritus

Poetry
By AlaskaFrost GOLD
Acushnet, Massachusetts
AlaskaFrost GOLD, Acushnet, Massachusetts
Poetry
By leatherina GOLD
Sicklerville, New Jersey
leatherina GOLD, Sicklerville, New Jersey

“A hero is someone who rebels or seems to rebel against the facts of existence and seems to conquer them. Obviously that can only work at moments. It can't be a lasting thing. That's not saying that people shouldn't keep trying to rebel against the facts of existence. Someday, who knows, we might conquer death, disease and war.” -Jim Morrison

Padoodallee GOLD, Haven, Kansas

"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free." -Michelangelou

JunieSparrow BRONZE, Dallas, Georgia
staffy GOLD, Courtice, Other

you were born a origianl. don't die a copy.-jason mason
i am beautiful for god makes no mistake.-Lady GaGa