Went with a Smile | Teen Ink

Went with a Smile

December 1, 2015
By T-LO-4-life BRONZE, Mansfield, Ohio
T-LO-4-life BRONZE, Mansfield, Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't feel dumb. Feel Renewed. Quoted by yours truly-me


For about three weeks now I have watched you on your death bed, you were hurting so bad and all I wanted to do was take it away, but me, my little self, does not have the power to do that, and it made me so sad.

It made me cry, but feel happy to hear you say, "I love you too baby girl," one more time even though you could barely even speak, I saw your mouth move, yes, I heard you whisper it to me.

I saw you at one of your worst moments in life and don't take this the wrong way, but in that I kind of take pride, because it showed me that anything can happen unexpectedly, and though we are not prepared we kind of have to be because who knows what this life can actually bring...... 

I love you so much and I am so happy that you are now with the perfect and holy King. I am glad that you are no longer in pain nor suffering, I am sad that you had to go but I know that you are in heaven celebrating, seeing the loved ones that have gone before us. I will miss your smile, but I won't forget your wonderful peaceful laugh.

I won't forget the good times that we have had, you are the best Aunt, and did more than anyone could ask, I will never forget you.

I know in the last hour you were not in pain because my mother told me that you passed away but along with her, everyone else witnessed you go............. with a smile....... on your face.


The author's comments:

This is dedicated to my deceased Aunt who passed away from cancer on 11/30/15