Suppose... | Teen Ink

Suppose...

By Nimra BRONZE, New York, New York
Nimra BRONZE, New York, New York

Suppose you close your eyes to go to sleep...but never open them up again

Suppose you say goodbye to your friend...but never say hello to them the next day

Suppose you see a beautiful sunrise...but never see another the next day

Suppose you eat your favorite meal...but never get to eat any in the future

Suppose you find a dollar on the floor...but never get to spend it

Suppose you walk to your favorite store...but never get to enter 

Suppose you smile softly as you see the rise and fall of your significant other's chest laying next to you on the bed...but never see it again the next day

Suppose you had all the time in the world because you are only teenagers...but never get to use up all the time 

Suppose you didn't have years, but months

Suppose you didn't have months, but weeks

Suppose you didn't have weeks, but days

Suppose you didn't have days, but hours

Suppose you didn't have hours, but minutes

Suppose you didn't have minutes...but seconds

But we can't change this. We waste life. That's what it's for. It's not taken for granted, time is just too long. Let it come to an end already. 

But suppose....

Suppose is a poem about how everything in a teenager's eyes are taken for granted. We always think about our supposes, our dreams, but we don't think about the nevers, the misery. We don't live up to the aspectation of our life. We have so much time, yet so little energy to do anything. Suppose we didn't have taht much time in life...how would you fill in your suppose and never? 

Nimra BRONZE said...
Nimra BRONZE, New York, New York
Thank you for your response because I want to know how to do better, but thank you for your nice compliments about it too. It means alot!

Nimra BRONZE said...
Nimra BRONZE, New York, New York
Thank you!

Nimra BRONZE said...
Nimra BRONZE, New York, New York
Aww. Thanks. I was hoping to get that response.

Nimra BRONZE said...
Nimra BRONZE, New York, New York
Thank you!

Nimra BRONZE said...
Nimra BRONZE, New York, New York
Thank you @ RunnerandSkater @Iashay @ NobodyElse and @ TaylorWintry, because your comment will help me in the future. So thanks for that.

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

Hi! Good to read some work from the front page. First off, I feel like this poem doesn't only target teenagers; possibly it could be aimed toward anybody in a well-developed country like the United States. I understand your reason for targeting teenagers though, as this is called TEENink. Overall, I liked the poem! The repetition in your case, though, isn't super strong, as I expected it to be. I recommend trying to make each stanza shorter and crisper, as longer stanzas aren't often as powerful and can drag the reader on a reluctant ride. For example, your stanza about watching a significant other breathe in bed is literally an AMAZING stanza at a great degree of specificity, but shorten it up, because it's not super powerful and it's much longer than the other stanzas. Overall, I really liked the idea of this. Sorry if this comment seemed a little harsh, but TeenInk is meant to receive helpful feedback on your writing so I'm not going to load you up with useless compliments. Good job and I'll be looking for more from you! Ciao!

RunnerandSkater BRONZE, New Prague, Minnesota

I am trying to find myself. Sometimes that's not easy.
-Marilyn Monroe

Beautiful and deep, I loved it!

lashay BRONZE said...
lashay BRONZE, Newark, New Jersey

In order to succeed in life you have to want it

that was a great poem i felt that life taking moment very very deep

NobodyElse BRONZE, Arlington, Washington
Deep very Deep