As I Stand In The Golden Field Of Wheat | Teen Ink

As I Stand In The Golden Field Of Wheat

November 4, 2014
By TheRealPrincess GOLD, Vallejo, California
TheRealPrincess GOLD, Vallejo, California
11 articles 0 photos 12 comments

AS I stand in the golden field of wheat, I think about you.
I look unto the sky and I see your breathtaking sapphire eyes.
I touch  the soft young bristles of wheat and feel your silken hair.
I try to escape my thoughts but they just won’t leave me alone, you see ever since the day you left it’s been routine.
All I do is think about you and what I ever did wrong for you to leave me cold and alone, like the last leaf to fall of a tree during the transformation from fall to winter.

I think of these things, helpless in my own mind as I stand in the golden field of wheat.

I hear the birds singing their songs and it reminds me of how loving and caring your voice always was when you spoke to me, until that day when we argued in this golden field of wheat- OUR golden field of wheat.
Oh, how I loved this field for we used to share beautiful moments in it, until the day it became a symbol to my demise, my broken heart and soul.

What did I do? Where did I go wrong?

I think about all these things as I stand in this golden field of wheat.

Suddenly, I begin to see the sun shine it’s forgiving light on me and joy overcomes me for it reminds me of your smile, your beautiful, beautiful smile. But it doesn’t last for long.

I see you walking happily holding my replacement’s hand your smile directed towards her, for your love is no longer mines. This field is no longer ours but instead it belongs to you and her. 

I saw all of this, as I stood in the golden field of wheat.
You didn’t notice me for you have forgotten me, my one and only love. You have moved on and took our special spot with you and given it to her.

I haven’t forgotten you and I may never forget because I still and always will love you.

I found this out years ago, as I stood in this golden field of wheat.