Wild Thoughts | Teen Ink

Wild Thoughts

By Lafaye BRONZE, Bonifay, Florida
Lafaye BRONZE, Bonifay, Florida

“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. … We need not wait to see what others do.”-Mahatma Gandhi

It is you and only you, for which my heart beats rapidly.

I'm happy to be yours and no one else's.

These are the words you whisper to me, the words you say to melt my heart.

At night, I'm at peace, with your arms wrapped around me, but it is during the days you are gone that my thoughts begin to grow wild and travel throughout my mind.

I think about my future with you.

And then, I think about all of my imperfections and I wonder if you notice them.

Would you tell me what it is about me you don't like? My size, my hair, maybe the way I dress....

Or would you stay quiet, silently judging me for being imperfect?

I think about how much better I might look if I tried the weight loss method that's proven to bring fast results or if I decided to wear fashions that will make any woman look FABULOUS.

Then you come home and kiss me, and you look into my eyes and tell me that I'm the best part of your day.

Once again, you melt my heart and all my wild thoughts flee.

Until you're gone again...

Sometimes I'm not as confident about my body as others....I'm grateful to have a boyfriend who tells me I'm perfect the way I am. :)

Tenor_Trey said...
Beautiful. Just beautiful

Theraforever PLATINUM, Dubuque, Iowa

And still I rise.

Wow! This is my favorite, I love how it all ties together in the end and is comply relatable? I know exactly what you're talking about. I love this and don't want to change a single thing! :)