Not Anymore | Teen Ink

Not Anymore

By EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

As I think of my past,
my past is a mirror,
a reflection.
It seems like just yesterday,
I was a little girl,
but now it seems
like my childhood
went by
like a blur.
And the truth is:
I'm not a child anymore.

Time flies by, but it seems like it was just yesterday I was younger. But when I look at myself, I see myself much older. And the this pops in your head, when you think about your childhood: Where has my childhood gone to? All I know is that I'm not a child anymore, but I must still have a childlike heart.

To some people, the mind of a child's might be blissfully ignorant, but even when some children's minds seem like they're ignorant, I really believe that children's minds are not as ignorant as some people might think. I think a child's brain is alive, full of imagination and creativity and love. It is just sometimes it gets buried deep inside, becaus of the pattern of our world. Haha, if all of this makes sense. And also, sorry for rambling on. Thank you for commenting! Thank you so much! ^_^

TheOceansBlackBird SILVER, Richmond, California

One persons craziness is another persons reality
-Tim Burton

and then there's this one
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Simple but not a word more needs to be said. Way to hit the truth... to only have the blissfuly ignorant mind of a child once more...

Haha thank you! : ) your comments have encouraged me, I'm feeling confused right now and depressed, but I'll be able to make it through : ) thank you so much ^_^

Princess.Renda GOLD, Travelers Rest, South Carolina

"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust." --J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

I agree with Hanban12, there is no way someone can read this and not comment! Its really good, chica! :) Keep writin'!

Thank you so much! : ) this poem is one of my favorite favorites haha, I find it special to me. It has a lot of meaning and it's personal to me. Thank you so much, for all your comments : ) 

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

I don't get why you don't have more comments-- This is a beautiful, relateable poem! Keep it up, and don't give up!