dissapointment | Teen Ink

dissapointment

By myriam97 BRONZE, Liberal, Kansas
myriam97 BRONZE, Liberal, Kansas

The worst thing I have ever done is betrayed my parents trust in me. They have never failed me in life nor have lied and for me to lie was a big mistake.
I lied about where I was going to be. I lied about what I was going to be doing. In the end lying was not worth it, I did not think they would find out, but they did. One thing led to another, the cops had to be called. My parents had to come pick me up from the police station. I did not think that being at a party was wrong because I was not drinking, but I had lied to my parents. I had told them I was at a sleepover with a girl. I did not lie about my friend being a girl I was with her but not at her house. If I had not gotten picked up at a police station, if I had not seen the disappointed look in my parents, yes, I would have all the freedom in the world now. Now, when I go out I must say who I am with, where I will be, and what time I will go home. I have learned my lesson and never will I betray their trust because despite the fact the past they are still here for me till this day. The worst words coming from my own parents was that I was a disappointment.