IDentity | Teen Ink

IDentity

By mynameisnothabib GOLD, Quinlan, Texas
mynameisnothabib GOLD, Quinlan, Texas

"One idea lights a thousand candles"
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

She knows not,
Who she truly is;
Her identity...
Passed around too much
to care anymore
But still,
She wonders,

Who Am I??

People seem to think
They know her.
It's highly improbable
That they do,
For she knows not

Who She Truly Is.....

on Nov. 4 2013 at 9:49 am
mynameisnothabib GOLD, Quinlan, Texas

"One idea lights a thousand candles"
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

its about me not caring about moving aroundm much anymore. not getting attatched, being the same as those around me, no matter who they are, how im ever changing my personality, and i dont know which one is truly me.

on Nov. 4 2013 at 9:47 am
mynameisnothabib GOLD, Quinlan, Texas

"One idea lights a thousand candles"
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

what i meant was living from home to home, place to place. i never stayed around in one city for too long. moving from grandparents to parents to mom's boyfriend to stepdad to a childrens home. now im here and its as simple as that. i just am.

on Nov. 3 2013 at 1:48 am
MissExploration BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington

It Can Only Fly When It Needs To.

Your poems all have this natural rhythm in it. It works great. I get confused in the lines "Her identity..../Passed around too much/to care anymore/" then it jumps. I am not sure what you mean by "passed around too much". Other than that, great work!

DarknessHasFallen GOLD, Broomfield, Colorado

I'm fine. I just feel like I'm shattered into hundred of little shards of glass and I'm going to hurt everybody who loves me.

This poem ia amazingly well written... This is a great piece and just keep writing!!

LaChouette GOLD, Mount Vernon, New York

“And then there are the times when the wolves are silent and the moon is howling.”
- George Carlin

This is pretty good! Your grammar and spelling is consistent which is good. I will say that I was confused by the first stanza. I understand the part where you say she doesn't know who she is but the next part about her identity confuses me. Who exactly doesn't care anymore and what do they not care about? It might be me just misinterpreting what you're saying. Other than that, I think it's a good job overall!