Who is he? | Teen Ink

Who is he?

By Superhero_Fan SILVER, Tomorrowland, California
Superhero_Fan SILVER, Tomorrowland, California

"Impossible; for How many people did you know who refracted your own light to you?” - Fahrenheit 451

Who is the man, who hung the stars, and taught them how to shine?
Who is the man, who painted rainbows, with a promise in mind?
Who is the man, who tames the seas, and shows them how to roar?
Who is the man, who knows the grains of sands on every shore?

Who was the man, who knew me before I was ever born?
This man is my Savior.
My Father.
My Lord forever-more.

I wrote this in a diary one night about Jesus, and I wanted to share it. I hope you understand it, and get something out of it. Thanks for reading it.

Thanks, nelehjr! I'm glad you liked it! and thank you for the five stars. :)

nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

I love this! Religious poems are hard! This is just....Wow! Five stars yo!

nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

...Wasn't that story on the news? It seems very familar to me...Small world.

I'm glad you liked if Krasota! Thanks for reading it! As for the fangirling? I think that would be a first! ;)

Thank you, E.J.! I'm glad you liked it! Truthfully, I didn't think this many people would like it, but you guys proved me wrong! Thanks again for taknig the time to read it. :)

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

<3 YES YES YES. We need to get Jade in on this poem, we need some more fangirling over here. EXCELLENT JOB! I love it when I find Christian poems on this site. ^_^

Oh, Lexus! I'm speechless. Thank you for telling me your story, and I'll never forget it. It made me want to cry! That's an amazing miracle that only God could ever create. And I'm glad God sent it to you! 
Thank you. Thank you for reading my poem and telling me about it's strengths. Thank you for sharing your amazing story with me. And, thank you for reminding me that I'm not the only Jesus lover in this messed up world. Thank you.

E.J.Mathews GOLD, International Falls, Minnesota
Great job with this poem! It's really hard to write things about religion which can captivate everyone, but I think that this poem does just that! As I'm reading your work, I'm finding that you are absolutely fantastic as writing. You have real talent! Keep up the great work!

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

Hey superhero! This poem is so pure and absolutely beautiful. For what you write about is obviously the best part of the poem but everything about the poem is also well done. I love the fact that you include questions in the poem and then you answer the questions at the end. I love the tiny details and the way you word the questions. The reader also asks themself the same ones you ask, so you are involving the reader on a deeper level. So, it's always nice to include the readers in the work. I thought the rhymes were well done and I enjoyed the simplicity of the poem that holds are really large and deeper meaning beneath. This man is my saviour too. I'll just go ahead and tell you why, since the poem reminded me so much of how lucky I am to be alive. In March of 2007 there was a tornado that hit my small city in Alabama. Of all the homes in my neighborhood all but one was completely destroyed. The home that wasn't destroyed wasn't even touched by the tornado except for a missing shingle on the roof. That house was mine and inside my house was my stepdad and I. I remember everything about that day and most importantly that the Lord was watching over me and my family and that he saved my life. SO thank you for reminded me of my love for the Lord and reminding me of the Lord's love for myself. God bless you superhero and job well done on the poem!

I just realized I've got a typo! (i.e. If you comment, don't bother telling me about how sand has an extra 's' on the end.) Thanks!

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! Thank you for reading this, and for being specific! I just looked at the questions, and I agree with you. They don't flow as well as the other two. I couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong with this, but now that you've told me, I can see where the weak links are. Thank you for your advice; I appreciate it!

WriteOrWrong BRONZE, Grosse Pointe, Michigan

Sometimes you just need to take a nap and get over it. -Maura Stuard

I adore this poem. It has suh a beautiful way with words. The only thing I thought was off was the flow. I think the second and fourth question of the first stanza should be matched to the flawless flow of the first and third question. When reading the second and fourth questions it was so stunning but it felt like tere was a word or two missing. Just try reading it aloud and maybe you'll know what I mean. Besides that, I love this! Jesus is pretty awesome. Keep writing! If you need feedback again, don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you! That means a lot to me. I was actually a little nervous after I put this online, because I haven't shown it to anyone before now. I'm glad someone out there likes it! :)

writefearless SILVER, Manila, Other

scare your fear before it scares you.

this is honestly beautiful. the imagery is wonderful. and of course, it's so amazing of you to write a poem about Jesus :) great job!