here it is | Teen Ink

here it is

By migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

Here it comes again.
When the last sunlight of the evening finally knifes its way in through dirty windows and spreads, kissing the ceiling and laying itself down on the linoleum floor, scuffed shiny by thousands of wandering feet, lost forever it the sweet, hot soup of time,
and hits your eyes, your sensitive, human eyes,
just burning,
gold gold gold,
before sliding off, coy, a second later, to light up some other dust.
That old sun must get tired, just shining on all that dust,
stardust bonedust lovedust
lifedust
yeah and that's all we are
just living for the sad lonely seconds we catch that light
and shine
whiter and brighter than anything else to the point where
you're it
you're all that's left
nothing else ever was or ever will be but that solitary sunbeam lingering deep inside you,
sunk straight thoguh like a spearshaft,
the tip whittled down to an atom, indistinguishable from any other except for the even smaller fact, the silent knowledge of where it's been, it's been
inside you
like it knows you, everything you hide in there, deep inside where you think no-one really can get to it, everything you want, everything you're afraid of, everything you've said or been or done or felt that is
wrong wrong wrong
but it's been there and through and knows everything now and still shines on you
still shines on all that dust
so you know standing alone at the end of a familiar-suddenly-unfamiliar weary white hallway
nine or ten o'clock on a new summer's eve,
tears in your eyes and the sun in your belly,
that it can't be all that scary after all.
So here it is.
Here it is.
Here it is.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

I KNEW IT!!! Now I've got an excuse to use these 10 pounds. Should I use it all at once? Yeah, I agree. Write for somebody. Thanks.

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

COOOOCCAAIIIIINNE.   Naww. Just don't write for everybody. Write for somebody

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Anytime, I read one of your poems, my mind literally explodes with amazement. And just a touch of envy at your talent. Reptition, alliteration, similes, metaphors, personification, vivid imagery—this poem has it all. Of course it deserves 5 stars. What's your secret?