you have seen these broken bits of me | Teen Ink

you have seen these broken bits of me

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

you have seen
these broken bits of me

you have seen me at
my weakest point
when I was most
vulnerable and
no one would
try to help me up

you have seen
these broken bits of me

you have witnessed
me uncovered—
naked brown—
lying on the hopeless streets,
hungry and helpless,
damp drops of dew
beading my skin,
while they all averted
their critical eyes,
avoiding the slightest eye-contact
with me
as if I was not
worth noticing—
as if I was naught

you have seen
these broken bits of me

when they would shut
their ears,
you would open yours
to all I’d have to say,
interesting or not—
you listen to all the words
cascading clandestinely
from my broken heart—
words I’d dare not
repeat to them

you have seen
these broken bits of me

when I fell
and broke like a
Swarovski flute,
calla lily-shaped,
spilling red Pinot Noir
everywhere—
crumbling into a
myriad pieces of glass,
scattering all over
the floor,
like jutted stars
across Night’s velvet veil—
you swept my
pieces into a pile
and did what
no else would do:
glue these broken bits
of me together

you have fixed
these broken bits of me

I want to dedicate this poem to all of you. Especially to me devoted readers. You all know who you are. This poem is for you, for accepting me. For seeing these broken bits of me. Thank you for all the support you've shown me. This is for you. I'd call you all out by name, but you're all too many. But this is for you.

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Oh, it's okay if you didn't see it, It realy doesn't matter. :P Trust me, usually I don't bother to reply. I guess it's the same for me. Like, some of my work is just because I thought it up, but a lot of the poems about friendship reflect aspects of my life and my friend troubles. So yeah, I have been well, a little tired later. My parents are going to get me tested for Insomnia because I don't sleep very well :( On the brighter side.......just kidding, it's raining and cold so i am tucked inside staring at a computer screen working on expanding A Tragic Story novel. I don't know if you remember, but that is the one that you inspired that turned into a novel. It's up now, but I am editing it so that it can be better. But I guess overall i have been okay. :) Keep rockin Mckay

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I dunno. I would wish I'm as cool as you think. I think you're much cooler. Means a lot that you think I'm cool. Thanks. ^u^

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

YES, IT WOULD BE COOL. And I await your new poem. I've been very well thank you. You? And my writing is a mix of both honestly. There are days when I'm happy and when I'm not. So, it depends really on how I'm feeling. Some poems are personal and some are universal. By the way, sorry, for not replying to that comment. I've been lacking with replying these past few days. But I'll get to it as soon as I can. And thanks as always, Liv. 

Scarlett_the_pegacorn BRONZE, Niceville, Florida

Don't tell me how to live my life; I do what I want.

Haha It would be very hypocritcal of me not to accept u for u, considering we have so much in common, hon. ;3 Only difference is ur cooler. Way, way cooler. 

Wouldn't it be cool though, if the editors organized like a teen ink meeting for teenagers to meet in several places and just like talk! It would be so cool to meet everyone. I mean I know they have summer camp options, but an organized get together for everyone would be a dream come true. Oh and this conversation inspired me to write another (yes, another) poem. It's called Virtual Friend and I submitted it yesterday so it will be a while before its up. Anyway, how have you been McKay? Is writing still your therapy, or has it become more of a pastime? Oh, and did you see my comment on Ro Hazel Grace Lancaster? I replied not to long ago and wasn't sure if you saw it or not :P. anywho, keep rockin mckay

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Yes, we are one massive and yet little family. Dysfunctional and crazy. And yet we stick up for each other when the time arrives. As Leo Tolstoy said in the beginning of Anna Karenina, "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way." And we are that family. At least I think. And with each other, I think, we become better writers, for we're not all perfect, but we do become those better writers that we want to become. And yes, Keep rocking, always keeps me rocking. Thank you, Liv. And who knows maybe we will all get to know each other. That would a dream come true. Like all the writers back then would meet and discuss their work. Maybe we'll get that chance. Who knows? We'll have to wait and see.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Awww. Thank you so much. I dedicate this poem to all the special people who have welcomed me here. And you're absolutely one of those people who accepts me for me. Thanks so much. 

Freaking awesome work. That right there is some emotional stuff. ;3 I'm in love with ur poetry. 

Yur welcome! I feel that teen ink is sorta like a family, like we can depend on one another to inspire or talk too or just to vent problems :) and If my "keep rockin" thing keeps you rockin, then I will certainly keep on doing it! Amazing job once again. And hey, you never know, either one of us could be famous and meet the other one!!! Like you said the future determines that! For now Mckay, keep rockin

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Maybe...But on the richter scale you're a 9. So, I think you beat me. But we're all cray. And I love being your moe. And you're hilarious. 

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

Awww so sweet! Thanks for being my moe! U r funnay and cray cray as well, maybe more ^-^

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Callie, Callie, Callie. You're the most fun person, I know, besides Scar. Always making me laugh in the chats. And you're poetry as well is an inspiration to me. And thanks. Always, thank you. You have shown me to appreciate people because like you and me, they're people. Doesn't matter if we're not the same color or etc. God made us all. Thanks. And thanks for being the most awesome p*mp to evah exist. Even when you're cray. ^u^

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks so much, Rocky/Edgar Allen Poe back from the dead. It means a lot. And your poetry, dude, has been stuck in my head ever since I read them. Bery powerful. I'm inspired. Thanks.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Whether we shall ever meet or not, only the future hols that within its decrepit fingers. But I would be very happy to meet everyone on Teenink. If it were ever possible. And you inspire me as well, Liv. Everyone does here. And I'm very flattered by your wanting this to be in the mag. Again, only the future holds that within his hands. And you too are a talented writer. A novel? Wow. So glad you posted it. I will do my best to read it. I'm so happy for you. Thank you forever. Keep rocking, Liv. Thanks for always telling me that. It keeps me going even when I'm not feeling well. Thanks.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you so much, Lexus. I do remeber when you first started off on Teenink. You were one of the first real readers of mine. At the time, I wasn't even serious of continuing on being on Teenink.  And I am a fan of your work. And I try to read all of them. Not aure if I'm up to date with them. But I try. And appreciate all the feedback you've given me. It means everything to me. Thank you ever so much. 

rockyyyyyyyyy SILVER, Lawrenceville, Georgia

dont let people drive u crazy if you know its in walking distance

very concrete and right to the point, nicely done!

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

― Charles Bukowski

McKay!!! This is so beautiful!!! You really out a lot of emotion in this, it DEFINTIELY deserved a check mark or SOMETHING

Mckay. I'm in love with your work. If I were an editor, I would have put this in the magazine.  You have been amazing and your work inspires me endlessly. The comments litterally brought tears to my eyes. You are amazing and even though I have never met you and won't, I feel like I know you because your writing is just speaks so well, it's truly beautiful. This was amazing, really, you are talented. <3 Much praise your way. Keep rockin and never, ever, stop writing. For me and for the rest of the world. (oh, and my novel is up if you want to take a look at it )

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

Mckay! Oh, Mckay! I remember when I was much too new to Teenink, when I had maybe two things posted. When I randomly came across your work. And when you became the very first person that I would add to my favorites on a notepad in my computer so I could check to read your work. And you were/are one of my absolute favorites. And you were one of the nicest and most brilliant of writers that I had ever met/will meet. And I am so glad to know you on Teenink. Your work is always so impressive. So brilliant. So detailed. And you have always been so, so kind. Even when I only had two things posted and you were one of the only people to comment on my work. You are a true inspiration, your generosity and wonderful work are always something for me to look on and think about. So, Mckay, I tip my hat off to you. Thank YOU.