Edgar Allan Poe Found poem | Teen Ink

Edgar Allan Poe Found poem

By BrokenSoul5 GOLD, Lebanon, Pennsylvania
BrokenSoul5 GOLD, Lebanon, Pennsylvania

Sonny, true love is the greatest thing in the world-except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe [smacks his lips] they're so perky, I love that.
~Miracle Max

His room was as black as pitch with the thick darkness.
There hung no lamp; and now no light at all was admitted, save that of the exceedingly feeble dawn which made its way through the semi-circular window.
My attention was suddenly diverted by the violent, although partial unclosing of the door of the apartment.
The door of our apartment was thrown open and admitted our old acquaintance, Monsieur G.
We were sitting together in the room in which I had seen,
A beast of good weight.
He had once before heard of this sea-beast; that it was a cruel demon, with bowels of sulphur and blood of fire, created by evil genii as the means of inflicting misery upon mankind.
This beast approached us,
The beast whatever it was, retained his position without attempting any immediate violence, while I lay utterly helpless, and
Leaping upon the back of the huge beast, he,
Monsieur G.,
Plunged the blade of a knife behind the neck, reaching the spinal marrow at a blow.
"A post mortem examination of the beast should be immediately made,"
I told him.
I took from my coat-pocket a white handkerchief,
My sensations were those of extreme horror and dismay.
My coat pocket,
Was much torn and stained with blood.
The wound in my,
Stomach
Will not kill me.
I
Was wrong.

I wrote this piece for a history project on poetry. It's a Found Poem of some of Edgar Allan Poe's works.